BioFire Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
|Research Associate I
BioFire Defense is seeking a Research Associate I to join our team. This is a full time non-exempt position. This position is part of a team working on a variety of laboratory procedures involving real-time PCR using established methods and techniques under general guidance. This person works closely with research associates in the research lab. Performs general lab duties, designs and conducts experiments, collects and analyzed data and keeps an accurate record of all work done in accordance with the quality system. Requires some problem solving skills. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instruction on new assignments. May report to an RA 2, 3 or Scientist.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense Quality System.
- Performs diagnostic tests using PCR to check the functionality of several different instruments produced by BioFire.
- Responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for assigned projects.
- Performs lab duties and experiments.
- Collects and analyze data relating to real-time PCR.
- Contributes to project process within his/her scientific discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining instrument history quality control records.
- Responsible for developing and revising instrument quality control procedures, involving controlled Word and Excel documents.
- Ensures that laboratory notebook for assigned projects/experiments are maintained in accordance with the BioFire Defense Employment Handbook.
Training and Education:
- May require a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent and demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must demonstrate skill in basic laboratory technician practices (pipetting, materials handling, contamination control).
- 0-3 years’ experience in the field or in related area
Benefits and Compensation:
- We offer competitive salaries
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical benefits
- Stimulating work environment
If you are interested in this position please send us your resume
and contact details through one of our job boards at:
Click on the job board of your preference.