BioFire Defense is seeking a Research Associate to join our System Integration Team! We are looking for a full-time employee who has some experience with laboratory procedures and PCR, and the development and transfer of new products. If you are an excellent communicator and writer, have a background in science and technology, and want to work in a fun, collaborative environment – this is the job for you! You will work under the direction of the System Integration Manager.
- While working with the team, you will perform general lab duties, design and conduct experiments, collect and analyze data and keep an accurate record of all work done in accordance with the quality system. Additionally, you will be expected to write reports, assist the manufacturing team with the development of new processes; participate in cross-departmental troubleshooting teams, and present data and findings in meetings. This position requires strong problem solving skills. Your work will primarily involve writing, executing, documenting, and analyzing stability studies and other product evaluation studies. Experience with contracts and government operations as well as experience working with technical documentation such as WIDs, reports, user manuals, and grant proposals are a plus. Along with your resume, please attach a cover letter describing how your experiences would benefit you in this position. BioFire Defense is passionate about professional development and creating a work atmosphere that is creative and casual while the work is intense and challenging.
Training and Education:
- Prefer AAS or BSc in scientific field: Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology
- 1-3 years of experience in the field or related areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program suite.
- Strong documentation practices, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including many departments within the company
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Moderate proficiency in at least one of the following:
- Molecular biochemistry (PCR, RT-PCR, etc.)
- Other laboratory disciplines (general chemistry, sample preparation/manipulation)
- Experience with data analysis and writing technical reports and studies.
- Experience in a production environment (either a cGMP manufacturer or an assembly environment) preferred.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (i.e. pipetting).
- Statistical and analytical skills
- Familiarity with following software packages: Visio, SmartDraw, Perforce, Solidworks EPDM, MS Project, MAS 500, SAP
Benefits and Compensation:
- We offer competitive salaries
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical benefits
- Stimulating work environment