BioFire Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).

Position

Lead Software Developer
Posted: 05/01/2018

Status

Department

Full-Time Software Development

Position Summary:

Qualified individual will be responsible for all development within the Software Department leading a team of 3 to 5 software developers. Approximately 80% of the work is expected to be coding. The other 20% is in management of the other developers and interacting with other team leads and company management. The Lead Developer will direct the software management, testing, releasing and maintaining software applications, according to business needs. This position will implement software development concepts, practices and procedures. The Lead Developer will serve the chief architect of company software platforms and data analysis tools. Will research, design and develop computer software systems. Will determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Will consult with scientific and engineering staff to evaluate and implement software for BioFire Defense systems. Will mentor junior employees and promote streamlined development with good engineering practices. Significant interaction with company leadership will be expected.

Training and Education:

  • Requires a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a scientific field and at least 10 years of experience in software development or related field.

Experience:

  • The developer in this position will need to be proficient in C#, Javascript, C, and Matlab. Experience developing Android applications is very desirable. Experience programming Android, React Native, Electron, React.js, Node.js and other frameworks is preferred. The lead should have a solid understanding of UX best practice and building user friendly UIs. The developer should also have experience handling big data using a knowledge of TCP sockets, SQL, NoSQL, AWS, Linux, and data security. Software development experience, scientific judgment, advanced mathematical/statistical skills, software management skills, and software quality skills are required. Experience in both instrument software and firmware a plus as is developing products intended for human diagnostics or other highly regulated environments.

Benefits and Compensation:

  • We offer competitive salaries
  • 401k
  • Vacation/holiday pay
  • Medical benefits
  • Stimulating work environment

If you are interested in this position please send us your resume
and contact details through one of our job boards at:

  | 
Click on the job board of your preference.